We inspire our community to help us achieve sustainable healthcare excellence for our community.
To be a trusted leader in funding healthcare priorities for our hospital and our community inspiring others to give.
- Integrity – do what we say we will do
- Trust – build trust with our many stakeholders
- Compassion – we genuinely care about the health of our community
- Honour – we honour our donors, volunteers, and hospital staff
- Community-mindedness – we focus on the needs of our community
- Innovation – we understand the importance of being open to new ideas
- Migrating Donors
Fundraising in support of Quinte Health Trenton Memorial Hospital.Donate Today
In 1943, the local branch of the Lions Club initiated the idea of building a community hospital in Trenton and joined forces with the local Rotary Club to jointly purchase nine acres of pasture land for $1,000. The total cost of the hospital project was estimated at $275,000.
The first Board of Directors was formed in 1944, sod-turning on August 29, 1946, first cornerstone was laid on October 15, 1947 and the hospital was completed in 1951, with the Official Opening on February 25th of that year. The hospital was dedicated as a memorial to the town of Trenton’s war dead, hence its name “Trenton Memorial Hospital”.
Several expansions have taken place, in 1961 (two full wings and one partial wing added to the original building), in 1969 (a two-storey addition to the east end of the hospital), 2000 and in 2006. This last extensive redevelopment project virtually doubled the size of the hospital with a 45,000 square foot wing which is modern, bright, climate-controlled, and barrier-free.
The hospital became known as “Quinte Health Care Trenton Memorial” upon the amalgamation of the hospitals in Bancroft, Belleville, Picton, and Trenton in November 1998 under the Healthcare Restructuring Act.
Quinte Health Trenton Memorial Hospital provides primary and some secondary care to patients. It houses 26 beds and a range of clinical and diagnostic services, including:
- Cardiology Clinical Nutrition (Registered Dieticians)
- Diabetes Education & Management
- Emergency Services (24 hours a day, 7 days per week)
- Medical Service
- Acute Care Beds and Complex Continuing Care Beds
- Outpatient Clinics such as: orthopedic, urology, gynecology, ophthalmology, vein, colposcopy, ear nose and throat, and urodynamics.
- Regional Centre for Comprehensive Breast Assessment
- Psychiatry/Mental Health Crisis Clinic/Parent Child and Youth
- Domestic Violence Sexual Assault Centre
- Radiology/Diagnostic Services including Bone Mineral Density, Mammogram, CT Scan, X-Ray
- Out Patient Surgical Services including but not limited to: Dental, Ophthalmology, Orthopedic, Urology, Gynecology
- Symptom Management/Palliative Care
- Donate Now
Your donation, no matter how big or small will create better care and a healthier community.Donate
- Gift a Legacy
Create a lasting legacy for you and your family to ensure better care for generations to come.Learn More
- Get Involved
Not all gifts come with a dollar sign. Become a volunteer for the Foundation and give the gift of your valuable time.Learn More