We inspire our community to help us achieve sustainable healthcare excellence for our community.
To be a trusted leader in funding healthcare priorities for our hospital and our community inspiring others to give.
The Trenton Memorial Hospital Foundation fundraises in support of QHC Trenton Memorial Hospital
Located at 242 King Street Trenton, ON K8V 5S6
Phone: (613) 392-2540 Fax: (613) 392-3749
In 1943, the local branch of the Lions Club initiated the idea of building a community hospital in Trenton and joined forces with the local Rotary Club to jointly purchase nine acres of pasture land for $1,000. The total cost of the hospital project was estimated at $275,000.
The first Board of Directors was formed in 1944, sod-turning on August 29, 1946, first cornerstone was laid on October 15, 1947 and the hospital was completed in 1951, with the Official Opening on February 25th of that year. The hospital was dedicated as a memorial to the town of Trenton’s war dead, hence its name “Trenton Memorial Hospital”.
Several expansions have taken place, in 1961 (two full wings and one partial wing added to the original building), in 1969 (a two-storey addition to the east end of the hospital), 2000 and in 2006. This last extensive redevelopment project virtually doubled the size of the hospital with a 45,000 square foot wing which is modern, bright, climate-controlled, and barrier-free.
The hospital became known as “Quinte Health Care Trenton Memorial” upon the amalgamation of the hospitals in Bancroft, Belleville, Picton, and Trenton in November 1998 under the Healthcare Restructuring Act.
Quinte Health Care Trenton Memorial Hospital provides primary and some secondary care to patients. It houses 26 beds and a range of clinical and diagnostic services, including: